Award for Outstanding Doctoral Research Contributions to Psychology
Nominations are invited for this annual award to recognise outstanding contributions to psychological knowledge by postgraduate research students whilst carrying out research for their doctoral degrees in psychology.
A candidate may only be nominated for the award if their doctoral degree was awarded no longer than three years ago.
The Award Committee will base its judgement on published psychology articles reporting the research carried out for the doctoral degree. A maximum of two articles can be submitted, which must meet the following requirements:
- The article(s) must have been published in refereed journals (normally those covered by Psychological Abstracts), or be in press.
- The candidate must be either the sole or senior (first) author of the article(s) concerned.
- The candidate's doctoral degree supervisor or Head of Department must sign a statement confirming that the research reported in the article(s) was carried out by the candidate as research for a doctoral degree in psychology, which was passed by a university in the UK normally not more than two years before the date when the article(s) was/were accepted for publication.
- The nominator must send a 500-word nomination statement outlining why the candidate's work is outstanding and why they should be considered for the award.
- Nominators must send 10 copies of what they judge to be the candidate's most outstanding and significant publications reporting the research carried out for the candidate's doctoral degree.
- Nominators must also send 10 copies of the candidates current full CV.
- Nominations should be sent to the Chair of the Research Board c/o Dr Lisa Morrison Coulthard at the Society's Leicester Office.
Consists of a £500 prize and a commemorative certificate. The recipient is also invited to deliver a lecture based on their research at the Society's Annual Conference. Travel expenses to attend the Conference will be met by the Research Board.
This award is now closed.
Further details, including the full criteria can be obtained from the Board Administrator.