Information for the public
Psychology is the scientific study of human mind and behaviour. Psychology and psychologists can bring further understanding to a range of different topics and aspects of everyday life.
In this section we include more in-depth information about interesting topics.
Our feature topics have included:
- We Need to Talk Coalition
- MindEd child mental health project
- What’s inside a psychometric test?
- Volunteer and feel the benefits
- Raising awareness of autism, which includes some useful questions and answers about the topic.
- Child obesity: a growing problem
- Get in the swing of it - useful information for golfers who want to improve their game.
- Results are in: kick start your career in psychology
- World Mental Health Day - information on the event and what the Society has done to promote it.
- Coping if you have been recently or suddenly bereaved - advice and recommendations for help and further reading.
- We will remember them - looking at the effects of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Words can hurt - information on the effects of verbal bullying.
- Division of Clinical Psychology's free report on 'Understanding Bipolar Disorder'.
By becoming a member you gain access to lots more information - learn about our membership options.