- Psychology & the public
- What we do
- Member networks
- Careers, education & training
Society announces 2011 Book Award shortlist
The shortlisted books for the Society's 2011 Book Award have been announced. The Award recognises major contributions to the advancement of psychology.
The winner will present a lecture at the Society’s Annual Conference, which takes place next year in London. They will also receive a £500 prize.
The 2011 shortlist is:
- The New Psychology of Leadership: Identity, Influence and Power - S. Alexander Haslam, Stephen D Reicher and Michael J Platow (Psychology Press)
- The Rough Guide to Psychology - Christian Jarrett (Rough Guides)
- Emotion Science - Elaine Fox (Palgrave Macmillan)
- How Infants Know Minds - Vasudevi Reddy (Harvard University Press)
- Splendors and Miseries of the Brain: Love, Creativity and the Quest for Human Happiness - Semir Zeki (Wiley-Blackwell)
This respected award, now in its 18th year, has recognised some of the most celebrated names in psychology from Nicholas Humphrey’s ‘A History of the Mind’ in 1993, to 2009 winner Alan Baddeley, for ‘Working Memory, Thought, and Action’.
- Most Read
- Most Comments
- Register of Applied Psychology Practice Supervisors
- Raising awareness of adult autism