Time to submit to our Clinical conference
The programme for this year's Annual Conference of our Division of Clinical Psychology is already taking shape. The conference will be held at the Examination Schools in Oxford on 5-7 December 2012.
Six keynote speakers have been confirmed:
- Professor David Clark, Professor of Psychology, Institute of Psychiatry/Director of the Centre for Anxiety Disorders and Trauma, Maudsley Hospital
- Professor Anke Ehlers, Wellcome Principal Research Fellow/Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Oxford, speaking on "Cognitive Therapy for PTSD: An Update"
- Dr Patricia M Crittenden, Family Relations Institute, Miami
- Dr Julie Wetherell, UC San Diego Health System speaking on "Are we there yet? Optimizing Treatment of Anxiety in Older Adults"
- Professor Anne Margriet Pot, University of Amsterdam
- Professor Lorraine Sherr, Royal Free and University College Medical School
- Professor Peter Kinderman, University of Liverpool
- Dr Jaime Craig, Family Psychology Services, Liverpool
- Dr Ian James, Northumberland, Tyne & Wear NHS Foundation Trust
The evening of 5 December will see an open public event with Robert Whitaker, the American journalist and author of Anatomy of an Epidemic: Magic Bullets, Psychiatric Drugs, and the Astonishing Rise of Mental Illness in America.
Registrations for the DCP Annual Conference are now open, and there is still time if you wish to be part of the academic programme yourself.
Submissions for papers and symposia close on 28 June 2012. Submissions for posters close on 4 October 2012.
Full information about registrations and submissions can be found on the conference website.