- Psychology & the public
- What we do
- Member networks
- Careers, education & training
British Psychological Society Annual Conference
The Society’s 2012 Annual Conference, our flagship event, takes place at the Grand Connaught Rooms in London from 18 to 20 April. Up to 600 psychologists will attend to hear about the latest research and thinking in psychology.
This year’s conference themes are:
- The psychology of participation in sports and exercise;
- The psychology of violence and conflict;
- Language and communication;
- Psychology for the public and private sectors.
High profile keynote speakers will enhance the scientific programme with presentations on:
- Sex differences in cognitive abilities: new data, new theories, new conclusions
- The psychology of olympic excellence and Its development
- Specific language impairment and developmental dyslexia: syndromes, memes and illusions
- What can the study of posttraumatic stress disorder tell us about human memory?
- What kinds of knowing are adequate for psychological research into experience?
There will also be a mix of workshops, symposia, oral and poster presentations presented throughout the conference. Social activities and networking will feature highly on the agenda.
The Grand Connaught Rooms will also play host to the Society’s Student Conference and to the annual conferences of its Division of Sport and Exercise Psychology, Division for Teachers and Researchers in Psychology and Qualitative Methods in Psychology Section.