The day will address questions like:
- Why do young Syrians choose to fight?
- How can we help the military, who deliver stabilisation support, understand how to build relationships with local civilian populations?
- What psychological factors do we need to consider when personnel working in fragile states return to their day-to-day lives?
- How can we elicit reliable accounts and evidence from those experiencing events in fragile states?
- What lessons can we learn from The Troubles in Northern Ireland?
The two keynote speakers will be:
- Professor Ann Fitz-Gerald, Cranfield University
- Professor Paul Taylor, Lancaster University, Twente University, NL & Director of CREST
If interested there is still time to submit a poster to our Wessex Branch for presentation at the conference: submissions close at 23:59 on Sunday 25 September.
For further details, including registration and how to submit your poster for consideration, please see the conference website.