The increases are needed to support the new strategic focus of promoting professionalism and preventing fitness to practise issues from arising. HCPC also need to continue to invest in the services offered to registrants. The consultation takes place in the context of keeping pace with the cost of inflation and the impact on operations and income when social workers in England transfer to Social Work England in 2019.
You can find more information on these proposals in the consultation document. It sets out where the fees are spent and why the increases are needed. It also provides information on financial performance, including the efficiencies already made.
You can download a copy of the consultation document together with our proposed amended Rules below. You will need to refer to the consultation document when responding.
You can find some frequently asked questions about the proposals on the HCPC website.
Please submit your comments to [email protected] using the response form below.
The deadline for commenting is Friday the 30th of November.
- The Society will only produce ONE response to any consultation.
- Any response that goes under the Society logo MUST be signed off by the relevant Board Chair and Branch Chair in the case of Devolved Nations.
- Responses on behalf of particular Divisions / Faculties /Member Networks are not permitted under any circumstances.
- Please do refer to the British Psychological Society Consultation Processes document which is attached before writing and sending any comments
- Please ensure that all comments are based on Published Evidence and not solely on Clinical opinion
If you have any queries please click here to get in touch.