21 November 2017
The Membership and Standards Board (MSB) or the British Psychological Society (BPS) is seeking to appoint a Chartered Member of the Society to take over as Chair of the Qualifications Comittee (QC) for a period of three years from June 2018.
The QC oversee the Society's Qualifications Boards in the following areas:
- oversee and maintain HCPC approval of Society qualifications
- review and monitor the delivery of Society qualifications to ensure that the required standards are maintained
- develop and issue appropriate guidance and support for candidates
- propose changes in policy/regulations to MSB as appropriate, and
- monitor the quality of the provision of Society qualifications
It is anticipated that the role will required a total commitment of approximately 12 days per year. Potential candidates are welcome to contact current Chair, Dr Kathryn Waddington, for an informal discussion about the role before applying.
The deadline for statements of interest is 1 December 2017 - further details on the role, including on how to apply, can be found on our voluntary posts page.