- Psychology & the public
- What we do
- Member networks
- Careers, education & training
Division of Clinical Psychology
The Division of Clinical Psychology (DCP) promotes the professional interests of clinical psychologists.
The division aims to develop psychology as a profession and as a body of knowledge and skills. The division helps to support its members with training and advice, regular events and contacting members with updates and news throughout the year.
How to join
Membership of the division is open to members of the British Psychological Society. If you are not already a member, you can join the DCP at the same time as applying for membership of the Society.
There are four grades of divisional membership:
- Full divisional membership - For fully qualified psychologists who are eligible for Chartered status.
- In-training divisional membership - For psychologists in-training who hold the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) and are working towards Chartered status and full divisional membership.
- General divisional membership - For members of the Society who are not currently eligible for the above grades.
- General (pre-training) divisional membership - For members of the Society who are not eligible for the above grades but are currently in a pre-training role.
The DCP also has 14 faculties, which members with specialist interests can join.
- Children, Young People and their Families
- Clinical Health Psychology
- Eating Disorders
- Forensic Clinical Psychology
- Holistic Psychology
- Leadership and Management
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Oncology and Palliative Care
- Perinatal Psychology
- Psychosis and Complex Mental Health
- Psychology of Older People
- Race and Culture
- HIV and Sexual Health
- Site directory
- Member networks
- Division of Clinical Psychology
- Division of Counselling Psychology
- Division of Education and Child Psychology
- Division of Forensic Psychology
- Division of Health Psychology
- Division of Neuropsychology
- Division of Occupational Psychology
- Division of Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Division of Academics, Researchers & Teachers in Psychology
- Scottish Division of Educational Psychology
- Special Groups
- Support Groups
- Boards and committees