Welcome to the South West of England Branch of the British Psychological Society inclusive of the Channel Islands
Our aim is to create a lively, informative and supportive network of Psychologists to bring Psychology to all our members (students, academics, practitioners) and the wider public.
We aim to share psychological knowledge, provide networking opportunities, support your continuous professional development and provide you with a forum to voice any queries, suggestions or concerns.
You will see from those familiar logos that we have a strong social media presence. We use these to link members to the latest thinking on all things Psychological whilst also encouraging comment. All the latest events taking place in our region are detailed and up to date new posted.
Before we push you off into Facebook and Twitter take a little time to look around our website. The Events Diary lists the forthcoming Psychology in the Pub talks from around the region, and other exciting events such as CPD events and student conferences.
The Quarterly SW Review is posted as it is published and there is new information about research that could be of interest. We are always looking for contributions. If you want to submit an itm or idea for consideration please email us.
When you have had a good look around or if you have anything you want the South West region to know about then please get in touch.
What’s on this website?
We have designed this website to provide you with details of upcoming and past Psychology themed events across the SW area covering a wide range of divisions and interests. In addition we have sections for jobs, latest news and a resources section, to name a few.
How can you contribute?
As Chair of the Branch, I would encourage you all to get as actively involved with your branch as you can. If you have any comments, queries, or would like to help out, please email us. In particular, we are looking for:
We will update this website regularly to keep you notified of the branch’s activities so please check back regularly!
- Find a psychologist
- Our influence
- Awards & grants
- A level & scottish highers award
- Public engagement & media award
- BPS POST postgraduate award
- Distinguished contributions to psychology in practice
- Doctoral Award
- Excellence in psychology education
- PEB: Lifetime achievement award
- PPB: Lifetime achievement award
- Practitioner of the Year
- Postgraduate study visits scheme
- Presidents' award
- Postdoctoral conference bursary scheme
- RB: Lifetime achievement award
- Research seminar competition
- Spearman medal
- Undergraduate award
- Undergraduate research assistantship scheme
- William Inman prize
- Postdoctoral Study Visits Scheme
- Book Award
- Award for Innovation in Psychology Programmes
- Award for Promoting Equality of Opportunity
- BPS/ATSiP Technical Support in Psychological Research Award
- BPS/ATSiP Technical Support in Psychological Teaching Award
- International Conference Symposium Scheme
- Public Engagement Grants
- Sections Initiative Fund
- Society qualifications
- Press centre