Welcome to the Division of Counselling Psychology website.
The Division of Counselling Psychology promotes the professional interests of Counselling Psychologists across the UK. We support our members by providing training and advice, by holding regular events and by keeping members up to date with the latest divisional news. The Division works closely with other practitioner and academic psychologists.
Members can sign in to access publications, guidelines, and further networking opportunities.
As the Division and its membership continue to grow, we reviewed our mission, values and vision in tandem with planning strategically for the next three years.
To advance the profession of Counselling Psychology in promoting the well-being of our diverse society.
Work ethically and effectively.
We the Division of Counselling Psychology will commit to:
The Division will be reporting back on the Strategic Plan 2017-2019. Please check back for the document, which we will also launch on our social media platforms and E-Newsletter.
We are updating the layout of this website and will also be bringing you more information on the current initiatives of the Division. Please bear with us if something seems out of place on the website as we make these changes.
Division of Counselling Psychology 2017-2019 Strategy:
We are currently developing the website to bring you more content. Please bear with us if some information appears out of place!
- Find a psychologist
- Our influence
- Awards & grants
- A level & scottish highers award
- Public engagement & media award
- BPS POST postgraduate award
- Distinguished contributions to psychology in practice
- Doctoral Award
- Excellence in psychology education
- PEB: Lifetime achievement award
- PPB: Lifetime achievement award
- Practitioner of the Year
- Postgraduate study visits scheme
- Presidents' award
- Postdoctoral conference bursary scheme
- RB: Lifetime achievement award
- Research seminar competition
- Spearman medal
- Undergraduate award
- Undergraduate research assistantship scheme
- William Inman prize
- Postdoctoral Study Visits Scheme
- Book Award
- Award for Innovation in Psychology Programmes
- Award for Promoting Equality of Opportunity
- BPS/ATSiP Technical Support in Psychological Research Award
- BPS/ATSiP Technical Support in Psychological Teaching Award
- International Conference Symposium Scheme
- Public Engagement Grants
- Sections Initiative Fund
- Society qualifications
- Press centre