Welcome to the Community Psychology Section!
The Community Psychology Section provides a forum to exchange ideas and promote research into community psychology.
Throughout the year we hold regular events and contact members with updates and news.
A message from Sally Savage, Chair of the Section
I am very pleased to welcome you to the Community Psychology Section and to opportunities open to you to influence the growth of community psychology in the UK.
Community Psychology is at an interesting stage of development. No-one can now doubt the impact of wider social forces on individual behaviour and experience – we see evidence for this every day on the news. The academic discipline is growing with more doctoral, Masters and undergraduate opportunities to study community psychology than ever before. Many professional courses are including community psychology as part of the training. There is even a growth in jobs for those with a community psychological orientation.
The Community Psychology Section provides the opportunity for all those interested in community psychology, psychologists and non-psychologists, to find like-minded people with whom to exchange ideas and critical discussions, and to promote community psychological research and practice (praxis).
We are a relatively new Section and are building an annual programme of events, including regional meetings, seminars, conference presentations and CPD events. If there is no regional group near you, why not start one? We celebrate the achievements of community psychological work, not only through these events, but also through the annual Community Psychology Festival. So, there are plenty of opportunities for you to become involved in the Section and I do hope you will enjoy participating in some of the activities. If there is nothing to take your fancy, we are always open to new ideas, so please do contact us and see what support we can give to you.
We contact Section members with updates and news throughout the year, and welcome contributions to our newsletter or the discussion groups through this website or via our very own NING group
Send any news or other contribution to:
I hope to see you at some events and would be delighted to hear from you.
- Find a psychologist
- Our influence
- Awards & grants
- A level & scottish highers award
- Public engagement & media award
- BPS POST postgraduate award
- Distinguished contributions to psychology in practice
- Doctoral Award
- Excellence in psychology education
- PEB: Lifetime achievement award
- PPB: Lifetime achievement award
- Practitioner of the Year
- Postgraduate study visits scheme
- Presidents' award
- Postdoctoral conference bursary scheme
- RB: Lifetime achievement award
- Research seminar competition
- Spearman medal
- Undergraduate award
- Undergraduate research assistantship scheme
- William Inman prize
- Postdoctoral Study Visits Scheme
- Book Award
- Award for Innovation in Psychology Programmes
- Award for Promoting Equality of Opportunity
- BPS/ATSiP Technical Support in Psychological Research Award
- BPS/ATSiP Technical Support in Psychological Teaching Award
- International Conference Symposium Scheme
- Public Engagement Grants
- Sections Initiative Fund
- Society qualifications
- Press centre