- Psychology & the public
- What we do
- Member networks
- Careers, education & training
Society office staff vacancies
This page contains information about vacancies in the Society's administrative offices. For information about jobs specifically for psychologists, see our Psychologist Appointments website.
The British Psychological Society is the learned Society and professional body for psychologists in the UK. The Society aims to encourage the development of psychology, improve standards of training and practice, raise public awareness and increase the influence of psychological practice in society. With a membership of over 60,000 and over 90 staff in Leicester, new opportuntiies are continually being created within our teams.
To apply for any of the vacancies below, please send a CV and covering letter linking your skills to our specific needs and quoting the job reference you are applying for, and how you found out about the vacancy, to
The British Psychological Society
48 Princess Road East
LEICESTER LE1 7DR
Email: [email protected]
Online Content Design Manager
We are looking for an innovative communications professional with outstanding writing and editorial skills (including original writing, scoping, commissioning, copy editing and proofreading), with the ability to work with content owners to manage/design the content in line with agreed style guide, and make the decision about where information should sit.
The ideal candidate will have
- A track record of delivering clear, engaging, user-focussed copy and will make plain English look effortless.
- Demonstrable experience in using analytics, metrics and user feedback to define/refine content and report on trends.
- Significant experience of working within a digital environment with a high level of proficiency in HTML mark up together with managing multimedia assets and using content management systems (Drupal).
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships at senior level, together with demonstrable persuasive and negotiation skills.
An educational background in psychology is desirable.
Closing date for applications is noon on Friday 8 April 2016.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 21 April 2016.
The following information and documents give background to the Society, the types of role and the terms and conditions we offer to all posts:
- Summary Terms & Conditions
- Equal Opportunities monitoring form
- About the BPS
- Our Strategic Plan
- Office structure
- The Society Offices
- Travel and subsistence expense claim form
- Right to work checklist (link to information on the Home Office site)
The Society operates generous holiday, pension and sickness policies and flexible working arrangements. For all posts, exposure to the current Higher Education or charities sectors would be an advantage.