- Psychology & the public
- What we do
- Member networks
- Careers, education & training
The uses and abuses of evidence: A conference to promote evidence based psychological interventions
This conference will address such questions as:
- How do you assess which psychological intervention is most applicable?
- What is the evidence base for effective psychological interventions?
- How do you apply recent research findings to assessment and treatment of complex and comorbid conditions?
09:15 Registration/Tea and Coffee
09:50 First Keynote Speaker
17:00 Conference ends
31 July 2012: Poster submissions deadline. Submissions to be sent to Amanda McKenzie by email.
Michael Matheson MSP, Minister for Public Health
Professor Steven Pilling, Director of Centre of Outcomes, Research and Effectiveness (CORE) at UCL
Professor Anthony Roth, Joint Course Director, UCL, London
Professor Kate Davidson, Director of Glasgow Institute of Psycho-Social Interventions
Professor Kevin Power, Honorary Professor at Stirling University and Head of Psychology Service, Tayside.
Booking and submission information
To register for the Conference visit the event website
The DCP-S Conference Committee will assess all poster abstracts in relation to relevance to clinical psychology interventions and the strength of the methodology described. (Please indicate if you received external funding for this intervention, when this was obtained, and give the name of the funding body.) Applicants will be informed by Monday 27th August if their poster has been accepted for the conference.
For more information visit the Division of Clinical Psychology's Scotland Branch
- DCP members (Early Bird): £65 (£54.17 + VAT)
- Society members (Early Bird): £80 (£66.67 + VAT)
- Society non-members: £90 (£75 +VAT)
- DCP Scotland Committee (Executives and Representatives): £35 (£29.17 + VAT)
How to book:
Register using the online booking form.