- Psychology & the public
- What we do
- Member networks
- Careers, education & training
Tapping into the heart of leadership: Leadership competencies for Counselling psychologists
Counselling psychology training is inherently leadership training and we invite people to come and find out why! We strongly believe that counselling psychologists’ leadership potential is under-estimated and under-utilised.
This workshop will focus on identifying limiting beliefs that restrict counselling psychologists’ leadership impact and the facilitators will strive to create a helpful environment for the participants to emotionally process barriers that fuel and interact with their leadership-related limiting beliefs. At the same time, the group will work on their strengths, including their values that support vision and motivation, but also building upon networks of influence. We will draw upon the emerging HCPC Leadership Competencies and encourage participants to develop a personal leadership framework and action plan, so that insights from the workshop are taken forward in their professional and personal lives. This will be done both during the workshop day and through a 30 minute follow up individual telephone coaching session with one of the facilitators (fee for this is included in the workshop fees).
09:30 Registration/tea and coffee
10:00 Workshop starts (there will be a break for lunch)
16:30 Workshop ends
Learning outcomes and objectives
- Identify limiting beliefs that hinder the participants’ ability to lead well as a counselling psychologist
- Emotionally process barriers that fuel and interact with the leadership-related limiting beliefs
- Developing own framework of leadership drawing upon the HCPC Leadership Competencies
- Initiate wise plans of action to drive forward progress in terms of the participants’ medium and long term goals (including mapping their leadership activities and creating own maps of influence)
Facilitator: Pavlo Kanellakis CPsychol AFBPsS
Pavlo has provided training at the University of London, City University, University of East London and University of Wolverhampton and he has worked as a Psychologist for a leading private Occupational Psychology company in relation to a major multi-year government contract on leadership selection and development. He has worked for the NHS for over a decade (including several Consultant Psychologist posts) and his most recent work was linked to Workforce Development & Redesign for the West Midlands Deanery. He has completed the NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement Aspiring Director Training which focused on developing his leadership knowledge and skills. He feels passionate about combining high standards and valuing diversity. He enjoys helping people thrive professionally and personally. Pavlo provides supervision, training and coaching to a range of psychologists.
- Non-Society Member: £234 (£195 + VAT)
- Society Member: £156 (£130 + VAT)
- DCoP Member: £126(£105 + VAT)
- Concession: £108 (£90 + VAT)
From 1 January 2013:
- Non-Society Member: £288 (£210 + VAT)
- Society Member: £204 (£140 + VAT)
- DCoP Member: £156 (£108.33 + VAT)
- Concession: £132 (£92.50 + VAT)
Persons eligible for concessionary rates are student members of the Society, graduate members registered under Rule 15.ii (studying in the UK and not subject to income tax), Rule 21 (retired) members, and members who are unemployed. For evidence of unemployment, we will require a copy of your job seekers allowance book.
How to book
Please note: online bookings will close 24 hours prior to the event. Please call +44 (0)116 2529512 for availability after this point.
To pay by cheque or request an invoice complete and return the registration form.
Please note that we are only able to accept invoice requests at least 6 weeks before the event date.
Tel: +44 (0)116 252 9925
Fax: +44 (0)116 227 1314