- Psychology & the public
- What we do
- Member networks
- Careers, education & training
Signposts out of learned helplessness: An introduction to NHS commissioning
The primary objective of this workshop is to conceptualise the NHS Business environment for clinical psychologists and in particular introduce the New NHS Commissioning Systems and Opportunities for Clinical Leadership.
09:00 Registration/Tea and Coffee
09:30 Event starts
16:30 Event ends
- To provide updates on both current DH and DCP commissioning issues by local commissioners and leaders in the profession who will also provide a basic introduction to business case development and the Any Qualified Provider tendering systems
- To provide a forum for discussion, exchange of ideas / innovation and networking opportunities among peers and to meet the new DCP Chair.
Benefits of attending
- A better understanding of the changing working environment
- A better understand of ways to respond to it for the benefit of service users and carers, and also to support personal wellbeing and job satisfaction
09:00 Arrival, drinks and networking
Chair for morning session: Pam Skinner, Chair, DCP West Midlands Branch
09:30 Introduction to the day and context for Commissioning
10:00 New Commissioning structures "Putting the Q in Any Qualified Provider"
Yvette Sheward, Local NHS Commissioner and Strategic Lead for Integrated Governance
11:00 Refreshment break
11:30 How to write/contribute to a business case for a commissioner (introduction/refresher)
Alan Turrell, Local NHS commissioner and Cluster lead for Procurement
12:30 DCP West Midlands Branch AGM (or lunch)
Chair for Afternoon session: Felix Davies, Chair, Regional Advisory Committee for Applied Psychological Services
13:30 Reflections on Personal resilience in a Changing Environment
Professor Delia Cushway
14:15 The DCP Strategy and NHS Commissioning
Richard Pemberton, DCP Chair and Sarajane Aris, DCP Lead
15:00 Refreshment break
15:30 What do commissioners want?
Innovations in the West Midlands Clinical Psychology Services
Various scenarios presented by local leading clinicians
16:00 Questions and future events
Bookings for this event are now closed.
Holiday Inn, Birmingham city centre