THIS EVENT IS NOW FULLY BOOKED.
The School of Psychology at the University of Glasgow is proud to be hosting the BPS-Scotland Psychology Undergraduate Student Conference 2018.
Please note a change in time.
We hope that you will join us in Glasgow for the Psychology Undergraduate Conference 2018.
This conference is for Psychology students in their final year of studies and provides an opportunity for them to present and discuss their dissertation projects to their peers.
Third year students and students in early years are also welcome, space permitted.
On the day there will be:
- Over 90 student presentations reflecting the rich psychological research diversity in Scotland!
- Prizes for the best talks in core research areas (e.g. Clinical, Health, Occupational etc – exact details to be announced soon).
- Keynote speakers from eminent researchers in Psychology
- Future’s Fair – there will be representatives from BPS Divisions happy to discuss career prospects with students (confirmed are Clinical, Education, Health, Counselling, Occupational, Forensic, Sport and Exercise)
- Career’s Fair – meet with employers interested in recruiting the best Psychological talent.
- Workshops on careers in Occupational Psychology and How to apply for post-graduate studies
- FREE lunch
- Evening social event (5-7pm). After the conference relax with fellow students for a drink or two and discuss your future academic plans!
- Staff event – we also want to encourage supervisors and staff to attend from other institutions. There will be a staff event over the lunch period to discuss teaching innovations and sharing good practice across institutions
We guarantee that the BPS Scottish Branch Undergraduate Conference 2018 in Glasgow will be a very memorable event!
To register for attendance for the event please click on the register button.
To present your paper (oral only) at the event please see the Programme tab.
University of Glasgow,
Please cleck here for the abstracts
There will only be Oral submissions this year.
To submit please go to:
Submission deadline is midnight on Sunday 11 February 2018.
PLEASE NOTE that submitting a proposal does not book you a place to attend the conference. Please also register your attendance below.
Structure for all submissions
The abstract should be 200 - 250 words (maximum 300 words) in length exclusive of title. It should not include references and should be written in either the past or present tense. Abstracts of accepted papers may appear in The Proceedings of the British Psychological Society which are published online.
Abstracts should be structured according to formats, incorporating the indicated headings and information:
- Objectives: State the primary objective of the paper and the major hypothesis tested or research question posed.
- Design: Describe the design of the study and the rationale for the procedures adopted (if appropriate).
- Background: Give a concise summary of information, which places the present paper in context (if appropriate).
- Methods: Describe how participants were selected and number of participants (if documentary data used, state how these were selected), materials employed (if appropriate), methods of data collection and analysis.
- Results: Include numerical and/or textual data. This should be kept to a minimum. For qualitative analyses briefly describe your findings (eg, themes, categories, discourses identified).
- Conclusions: State the conclusions that can be drawn from the study, including theoretical, methodological, or applied/policy implications as appropriate and any key limitations of the study.
Additional requirements for all submissions:
Submissions must also include explicit confirmation that the convenor and authors/co-authors understand and adhere to the Society’s Code of Ethics and Conduct.
You do not need to be a member of the Society to submit a proposal.
Oral presentations will be for 10 minutes followed by 5 minutes for questioning and the atmosphere is always very positive and supportive. (Five minutes is allowed between presentations to enable students to move between rooms.)
Submitting as a group
If you are submitting as group to present (oral or poster), please complete the online submissions form online only once and put all the names of the presenters on the form. All individuals must also register individually to attend the conference.
Further submission information
Authors of all material submitted must confirm adherence to the British Psychological Society’s Code of Ethics and Conduct. For further information please click here.
Clicking on the register button will take you to the BPS online Shop - please sign in using your usual BPS membership number and password.
If you don't yet have an account, you can create an account via this link:
Once you have signed in, click on this event to register and you should be able to complete the form and add to basket.
If you have any queries regarding this event please contact Member Network Services, quoting 'SCB-Undergraduate Conference - Mar18' at:
Alternatively telephone during office hours on +44 (0) 116 252 9515 stating the name and date of the event.