Psychometric Testing: Therapeutic use of personality assessments (level 3)
This workshop will explore the issues around the use of personality tests and focus on giving a practical training in their clinical use with clients. The meaning of results obtained and their reliability will be discussed.
This is an introduction to using personality test materials as a integral part of both clinical assessment and the therapeutic process. Susan has taught this workshop on several postgraduate counselling psychology courses.
09:30 Registration/Tea and Coffee
10:00 Workshop starts
16:00 Workshop ends
Please note: This workshop is only open to psychologists.
Participants will learn to:
- discuss the theory which underlies personality assessment
- understand the basic statistical principles on which personality tests are founded
- adminster the NEO and the PAI
- interpret the results of personality assessments
- understand the need for uniform presentation of assessment materials
- give appropriate feedback to clients (basic level)
- understand the implications of test results to the client and also in a court setting.
Further workshops on psychometric assessment are also available:
- Psychometrics 1: Understanding testing (1 day)
- Psychometrics 2: Essentials of Ability testing (2 days)
Attendance at Psychometrics Masterclass 1: Understanding testing is required so delegates may fully participate in both Ability Assessment and Personality Assessment.
Facilitator: Susan van Scoyoc CPsychol CSci
Susan is a Chartered Psychologist and Chartered Scientist. She is a member of the Division of Counselling Psychology, the Division of Health Psychology, and is a founding member of the Register of Psychologists Specialising in Psychotherapy.
Susan has a long-term interest in the use of psychometric assessment and has gained BPS Level A and B certificates in psychometric testing. She is a past chair of the Division of Counselling Psychology and has published papers exploring the use of psychometric tests by counselling psychologists.
This workshop is suitable for all trainees on BPS accredited postgraduate courses and Chartered Psychologists.
Please note: This course does not lead to a Society qualification in testing.
BPS Members £250 + VAT
Non-members £395 + VAT
Register online by visiting the BPS Shop.
To pay by cheque or invoice, complete and return the registration form.
Society's London office at 30 Tabernacle Street, London EC2A 4UE.
BPS Learning Centre
Tel:+44 (0)116 252 9925
Email: [email protected]