Psychobiology describes the interaction between biological systems and behaviour.
Psychobiologists research how psychological factors like cognition, mood and appraisal combine with biological events like stress physiology, changes in brain function, and pharmacological effects, to shape the human experience.
Striving to understand psychological and biological interactions provides psychobiology with a unique perspective on humanity.
The British Psychological Society Psychobiology Section Annual Scientific Meeting features:
- Outstanding guest lecturers: Professor John Cryan (University College Cork) and Dr Sarah Garfinkel (University of Sussex)
- Non-parallel oral and poster sessions so your research gets heard
- Two free places for postgraduate students (includes registration and accommodation)
- One free undergraduate student place via the undergraduate project prize (includes registration and accommodation)
- Conference meal, late bar and entertainment on Thursday 6th September
- Special 24 hour package for postgraduates
We welcome old friends and new acquaintances at the 2018 Psychobiology Section Annual Scientific Meeting.
Who is the course intended for?
This conference welcomes academic psychologists, postgraduate and undergraduate students
Low Wood Bay Hotel
We are pleased to welcome our Keynote Speakers
Professor John Cryan
More than a Gut Feeling-The Microbiome as a Key Regulator of Brain & Behaviour
Dr Sarah Garfinkel
Hearts and Minds: Cardiac afferent signals guide emotion and memory
Learning outcomes and objectives
- network and develop collaborative research with enthusiastic and friendly co-investigators
- showcase research findings and benefit from insights and suggestions from experienced researchers
- keep up to date with the latest developments in psychobiology
- develop the confidence of postgraduate students in the art of academic conferencing
- encourage undergraduate students to enter an academic psychobiology career via the undergraduate project prize
- All this in a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere away from the bustle of the everyday workplace
Call for Submissions
If you are interested in submitting an oral or poster presentation for this conference, please make your submission via the online submission system by 23:59 Sunday 17th June 2018.
Conference timings will be added in due course.
Full Conference delegate fees include attendance, B&B (subject to availability) and meals for the duration of the ASM.
|Concessionary Members of the BPS||£326.00 (£271.67 + VAT)|
|Psychobiology Section Members||£465.00 (£387.50 + VAT)|
|BPS Members||£485.00 (£404.17 + VAT)|
|Non-Members||£510.00 (£425.00 + VAT)|
This Special Event for Students package allows student attendance on the afternoon of Thursday 6th September and morning of Friday 7th September including, poster presentation, keynote speaker, scientific talks and “meet the experts lunch” on Friday 7th.
|Special Event for Students Package||£90.00 (£75.00 + VAT)|