- Psychology & the public
- What we do
- Member networks
- Careers, education & training
Professional development conference for recently qualified psychologists
This event is organised by the Society's DCP London Branch Recently Qualified Special Interest Group.
The event is open to all Society and DCP members; however it may bear more relevance to those who are recently qualified.
9:30-10:00 Arrival, tea and networking
10:00-11:15 Career Progression for Recently Qualified Clinical Psychologists in the Current NHS Climate
Professor Malcolm Adams, Co-Director, Doctoral Programme in Clinical Psychology, University of East Anglia, and Chair of the Group of Trainers in Clinical Psychology
11:15- 11:30 Tea break
11:30-12:45 Consulting to teams
Julian Lousada, Principal Consultant, Tavistock Consultancy Service
Not provided. Facilities locally
13:45-14:45 Developing as a supervisor
Louise Goodbody and Alison Culverwell, D.Clin.Psychol at Canterbury Christ Church University, Salomons
14:45-15:00 Tea break
15:00-16:00 Developing leadership skills
16:00-16:30 General discussion
From 16:30 Informal social/drinks
Learning outcomes and objectives
- The primary objective of this one day conference is to consider professional development for recently qualified clinical psychologists.
- To provide recently qualified clinical psychologists the opportunity to attend a number of seminars, delivered by a range of experienced speakers, on topics pertinent to professional development.
- To provide a forum for discussion, exchange of ideas and networking opportunities among peers.
Benefits of attending
- To draw on the experience of a range of speakers on professional development.
- To consider professional development within the current economic and political climate.
- To consider key areas of development which are particularly relevant to recently qualified psychologists such as consulting, supervision and leadership.
- To form supportive peer alliances for professional development.
- To benefit from peer discussion and reflection with psychologists.
Dr Emma Williamson CPsychol, Clinical Psychologist
Chair of London DCP Recently Qualified SIG. Affiliated with Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust
Dr Katja Windheim CPsychol, Clinical Psychologist
Events Co-ordinator of London DCP Recently Qualified SIG. Affiliated with Oxleas NHS Trust
Dr Mia Paustian CPsychol, Clinical Psychologist
Secretary of London DCP Recently Qualified SIG. Affiliated with Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust
Dr Barbara Barter, Clinical Psychologist
General Member of London DCP Recently Qualified SIG. Affiliated with South London and Maudsley NHS Trust
Dr Clara O’Brien, Clinical Psychologist
Co-Secretary of London DCP Recently Qualified SIG. Affiliated with QEF Neuro Rehabilitation Services
Dr Kirsty Abbas, Clinical Psychologist
General Member of London DCP Recently Qualified SIG. Affiliated with Haringey Parent-Infant Psychology Service (PIPS)
The workshop is free. Delegates must register using this form.