This workshop provides a critical analysis of the concept of resilience within the current IAPT organisational and national healthcare context.
It offers an opportunity for IAPT staff to reflect on sources of stress working in psychological services, an integrated approach to improving physical and psychological health, and identification area of areas for development at an individual and team level, in line with personal and professional values.
IAPT staff can experience work-related stress, compassion fatigue, vicarious traumatisation and professional isolation, High demands of clinical practice and target-oriented work can impact on work-life balance as well as levels of stress and burnout.
This one day workshop is specifically tailored for IAPT staff and designed to promote an integrated approach to physical and psychological health, founded upon a strengths-based framework, to support individuals in the delivery of compassionate and high quality care for their clients with a focus on the practitioners’ own health and well-being.
The workshop aims to increase knowledge and understanding of normal psychological experiences such as stress, worry and low mood, and the everyday health and social contexts in which these arise both for clients, families and psychological staff.
The day involves teaching and educational components, large and small group discussions, and opportunities to learn and practice new skills, including relaxation, guided visualisation and mindfulness.
Additionally attendees will have the opportunity to identify their own goals to achieve behavioural changes in line with their health and well-being.
This workshop is intended for members, non-members & students who work in IAPT services
The British Psychological Society
30 Tabernacle Street
Learning outcomes and objectives
- Access peer support with a range of IAPT staff
- Take a critical approach to the concept of resilience and promote systems analysis
- Understand integrated psychological and physical approaches to resilience, health and wellbeing
- Have the knowledge and skills to manage stress both personally and professionally through a range of strategies and techniques based on third wave cognitive behavioural therapy
- Identify personal physical and psychological health well-being goals
- Identify personal values and set goals in line with these values
Please note, all speakers, timings and content are subject to change.