Nutritional interventions for eating disorders (NCFED)
This course has been approved by the BPS Learning Centre for the purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). The course is offered by the National Centre for Eating Disorders.
Course information has been provided by the National Centre for Eating Disorders.
This is a stand alone course and is also part of the Master Practitioner Programme. It is designed to inform and empower clinicians who encounter eating disorders in their work, who do not have nutritional qualifications, but wish to add nutritional advice to their treatment for disordered eating. You will learn why nutritional interventions are so important in working with these conditions, and learn how to integrate simple but effective nutritional approaches alongside other evidence based treatments for eating distress.
You will learn
- Why nutritional counselling is so important
- How the body uses nutrients
- How the body responds to dietary chaos
- Simple steps for to correcting biochemical imbalances
- How to communicate your knowledge to your clients to motivate change
- The role of supplements for eating disorder treatment
- How to learn what is useful from other sources and reject dietary myths
- How to apply your learning to your own relationship with food
Who may attend?
All mental health and medical professionals including psychiatrists, doctors, nurses and clinicians working with addictions. Dieticians, nutritionists and professional coaches will also find this course very helpful. No prior nutritional knowledge is needed.
Award Certification & Diploma
All delegates receive a signed certificate of attendance. An NCFED Certificate is awarded to those who wish to validate their expertise & this requires completion of a small assignment - on a given case study.
The Advanced Diploma is granted upon successful completion of assignments on the 8 day Excellence training course plus one other of the above. Master Practitioner is awarded to those completing assignments on all 3 trainings.