Integrating Cognitive Stimulation Therapy Groups into service provision
This study day will cover the following topics:
- The development of Cognitive Stimulation Therapy (CST) and its evidence base: a review
- Results of research evaluating the supervision of carers running CST groups
- CST and its use in community and day settings
- CST groups on inpatient physical health rehab wards.
(There will be a break for lunch)
16:00 Study day ends
The focus of the day is on sharing local examples of service development, methods of evaluation, and models of supervision and support. Following presentations,there will be interactive sessions,group discussion and networking opportunities.
This study day is for primarily psychologists, OT's and any other health care professionals who have experience of using CST or are interested in learning how to use it.
Facilitators: Dr Donna Gilroy C Psychol, Sandy McAfee, Dr Susan Conaghan C Psychol, Dr Lisa Ronald, Dr Vicky Thurlby MBPsS and Alison McBain.
Further information on speakers.
- Free to PSIGE Scotland Members
- Trainee/Assistant Non Members: £20 (includes cost of PSIGE membership)
- PSIGE National Members: £30
- Non-PSIGE Members: £40
(Fees include VAT and lunch)
How to book:
Please complete the registration form and post it to the address provided. The deadline for bookings is 12 January 2012.
Tel. +44(0)1308 863685