Forensic Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services (F-CAMHS): Everybody’s Business
The Forensic Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services (F-CAMHS) Network, in conjunction with the British Psychological Society and the Royal College of Psychiatrists, is pleased to announce the inaugural F-CAMHS Network conference. Keynote speakers will include Sue Bailey, Professor of Forensic Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
08:30 Registration / refreshments
09:30 event starts
17:00 event ends
The conference aims to:
- Highlight the importance of forensic CAMHS provision in addressing the needs of young people who display anti-social, high risk and/or offending behaviour
- Generate renewed interest in a national, multi-disciplinary network of practitioners and stakeholders across the UK with a focus on supporting, enhancing and promoting forensic CAMHS practice and provision.
- Provide an opportunity for practitioners to develop skills and knowledge in relation to work within F-CAMHS settings (community, inpatient, secure/prison in-reach).
- Provide an opportunity for practitioners to share and discuss working environments, policy developments, practice examples and promising interventions.
The Conference would be of interest to all those interested in the provision of mental health services for young people who display anti-social and high risk behaviour. This includes; NHS/social care/criminal justice commissioners, policy makers, CAMHS clinicians, psychologists,psychiatrists, nurses and allied mental health professionals, youth offending workers, social workers, police, prison governors, SCH, STC & YOI staff, researchers.
Workshop & Seminar topics will include:
- Enhancing skills in effective risk assessment and risk management
- Development of specialist services for adolescents who display high risk and anti-social behaviour
- Developments in work with adolescents who display sexually harmful behaviour
- Working therapeutically with young people at risk of developing psychopathy
• £118.80 (£99 + VAT)
How to book:
To book a place and for more information please visit the conference website
Tel: +44 (0)1332 227771
Email: [email protected]