- Psychology & the public
- What we do
- Member networks
- Careers, education & training
Family Law and Procedures (Bond Solon)
This course has been approved by the BPS Learning Centre for the purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
During this two day course, you will examine the relevant law, evidence and procedures that are essential for any expert acting in Family court proceedings. Delegates will consider their duties and responsibilities to the court in relation to The Family Proceedings Rules 1991. You will also learn about essential law and procedure in children’s cases, different types of evidence and admissibility and the Human Rights Act 1998.
Key Learning Points:
- The role of the expert witness and their duties to the court
- Essential law and procedure in children’s cases
Stages in public/private law children’s disputes
- Different types of evidence, including oral, documentary and real evidence
- Admissibility of evidence
- Facts, assumption, inferences and opinion
- The Family Proceedings Rules 1991
- Key legislation, codes of practice and case law
- Human Rights Act 1998
Course Cost: £550 + VAT
BPS members receive a 10% discount on this course. To obtain this discount call Bond Solon on +44(0)207 549 2549 and quote the following code when booking BPSBS2011.
Limited to 30 delegates.