- Psychology & the public
- What we do
- Member networks
- Careers, education & training
Essential Time Management Skills For Therapists (The Skills Development Service Ltd)
This course has been approved by the BPS Learning Centre for the purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
This workshop is module three of a four-module Certificate in Essential Therapy Skills offered by The Skills Development Service Ltd.
- Introduction - outline of all 4 modules with a quick introduction to the concept of the essential therapeutic skills in the context of current economic situation and evidence-based practice
- If time management skills are so useful - why don't we use them more? Presentation and discussion.
- Identifying what you have to do. Presentation & experiential work. Underlying principles of organising our time with clients on a day to day basis to get things done. Discussion and practical exercises.
- Optimal ways of effective dealing with paperwork and admin.Cutting down on delayed decision-making with clients - causes, outcomes & indirect effects.
- "Meeting Proficiency": Making meetings with clients more effective.
- Managing the poor time management of others
- A personal plan for change - presentation, discussion, practical exercises.
- Review of course goals and progress monitoring
- Summary and closure
- Feedback in written form
Learning outcomes and objectives
- Delegates will understand a range of "add-on" elements that increase time efficiency with clients without decreasing quality
- Delegates will practise and learn a range of techniques derived from Translational Research, Group Dynamics, Time Management & Problem Solving Skills
- Delegates will learn how to apply the diverse elements of increased effectiveness from the above areas to their current therapeutic practice
Facilitator: Mr Paul Grantham
Paul is a Clinical Psychologist with over 25 years of clinical practice, training and managerial experience. His work in NHS, 1983-1990, included posts as Head of Acute Mental Health Psychology Services Bolton Health Authority and Principal Clinical Psychologist Portsmouth & S.E. Hants Health authority. Paul has been the Director of The Skills Development Service Ltd since 1990. He is the Lead Developer of numerous bespoke training and consultancy packages currently including Motivational Interviewing Training for Oxford PCT, a Clinical Supervision Programme for Royal Sussex University Hospitals Trust and Psychological Coping Skills For Post Stroke Depression (PSD) for NHS Cardiac and Stroke Network (Lancashire and Cumbria).
For more information visit The SDS Ltd website.
Who should attend?
Psychologists wishing to explore the theoretical underpinnings of resource based therapies with an introduction to their practical application. Other professional groups include: OTs, Social Workers, Nurses, Allied Health Professionals, Counsellors, Psychotherapists, Youth and Substance Misuse professional.