Effective clinical supervision skills for health psychologists
Unfortunately this event is cancelled
This workshop will describe the main standards of proficiency for Health Psychology (applied/ clinical work) supervisors; provide opportunities to consider relevant models of supervision as well as the supervisor’s responsibilities within the supervisor/ supervisee relationship.
09:30 Registration/Tea and Coffee
10:00 Workshop starts
16:30 Workshop ends
This workshop provides opportunities to consider relevant models of supervision as well as the supervisor’s responsibilities within the supervisor/ supervisee relationship.
Participation in this CPD event will provide evidence of training/ CPD in supervision, which could be useful for the BPS Register of Applied Psychology Practice Supervisors or for your Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) CPD log.
Participants will have a chance to discuss their supervision experiences and hear those of others. This will facilitate reflection and learning from self and others. They will also plan their own priorities and action plan following the workshop.
It is important that attendees have opportunities within their work to apply the learning outcomes of this workshop as soon as possible.
This workshop is aimed at qualified Health Psychologists who are supervising other Psychologists/ staff or for newly qualified Health Psychologists who are preparing to take on a supervisory role. It is important that attendee’s have opportunities within their work to apply the learning outcomes of this workshop as soon as possible.
This is not training to become a stage 2 supervisor. People wanting to become a stage 2 supervisor should contact the BPS for an application form.
Learning outcomes and objectives
- Be able to describe the roles and responsibilities of Health Psychology Supervisors
- Be able to describe the main features of key models of supervision
- Have developed some skills assessing the appropriate supervision role in different situations and in providing elements of the different types of supervision in line with the main supervision models
- Have identified their goals for practice and their future CPD requirements in terms of becoming a supervisor/ enhancing their supervisory skills.
Facilitator: Sasha Cain CPsychol AFBPsS
The facilitator has been working in applied psychology for 14 years and as a Consultant Health Psychologist for the past 8 years. During this time the facilitator has received training in supervision and has gained experience of supervising Health Psychologists and trainee’s as well as people from other professional groups such as practice nurses, pharmacists and health trainers. The facilitator has also personally received clinical/ applied supervision over the course of the 14 years of practice.
- Non-Society members: £132 (£110 + VAT)
- Society members: £102 (£85 + VAT)
- DHP members: £84 (£70 +VAT)
Tel: +44 (0)116 252 9925
Fax: +44 (0)116 227 1314
EFax: +44 (0)116 290 1886