- Psychology & the public
- What we do
- Member networks
- Careers, education & training
A number of online Continuing Professional Development (CPD) modules are available for you to complete at your own pace from anywhere with internet access, whether that be your office, on a train, or the comfort of your sofa, making them ideal for people who find it difficult to travel to events.
These courses are intended as a refresher or introduction to a subject area. They have not been contextaulised for a psychologists.
The modules have been designed to suit all learning styles and because they are done online it means you can spend 20 minutes here or an hour there working on them, in the same way as when you record your CPD using the myCPD system.
What e-Learning courses are available?
- Being appraised
- Becoming an expert witness
- Coaching skills
- Effective Communication
- Grammar and effective writing
- Managing your behaviour at work
- Managing relationships
- Managing workload
- Negotiation skills - the principles
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Networking skills
- Problem solving
- Project management
- Social media for professionals
- The Road to Continuous Improvement
- Communicating complex ideas
- Conducting performance appraisals
- Decision making for managers
- Employment law for managers
- Leadership skills
- Managing change and transformation
- Managing from within the team
- Managing high performing teams
- Thinking strategically
- Anti-money laundering
- Data protection
- Ethical compliance
- Freedom of Information
- Health and safety
- HMRC Tax guide
- Professionalism and Ethics
- Commissioning for providers
- Enterprise and entrepreneurship
- Finance: The basics
- General Medical Contracts
- Market analysis
- Market research
- Promoting your Professional Practice
- Public Relations
- Recruitment and selection
- Writing a business plan
To register for an e-Learning course, go to the BPS Shop.
Strategy and You
Try a module of one of our courses for free - currently the free 1 hour module is Strategy and You. This is taken from our Thinking Strategically course. This course shows learners why strategy is important and how to think strategically within their own organisation.
Learners will discover some of the key strategic theories, learn how organisations develop and implement strategy, and try out the key tools used in strategy analysis and formulation.
To try this module for free, login to the BPS Shop to add the course to your basket. Once you’ve completed the checkout process you will be able to access the course from your ‘My Account’ area.
What are the benefits of e-Learning?
- Choose from a range of titles to suit your needs.
- e-Learning is self-directed, meaning you can choose what you want to do and learn in a style that suits your needs and skill levels.
- Courses can take between 3-6 hours to complete
- e-Learning is self-paced, flexible and convenient. You choose when you want to access your learning - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Eliminates geographical barriers, allowing you to access your modules wherever you are.
- Course materials can be read online or downloaded for later.
How do I access a course?
All of your e-Learning courses will be stored in your ‘My Account’ area on the BPS Shop. To access your courses, login to the BPS Shop and click on ‘My Account’.
Your e-Learning courses will be shown in the recent orders section. Click on ‘view order’ next to the course you want to access.
On this page there will be a ‘Log into the course’ button to access the course. This will take you to the homepage for the course.
Access to your e-Learning course is valid for 90 days from the day you start the course.
If you have purchased multiple e-Learning courses and you want to switch between courses you can do so by clicking on the ‘My Gateway’ button, which appears within the e-Learning courses.
Enquires and questions relating e-Learning courses should be directed to the BPS Learning Centre.
Benefits of belonging
Anyone interested in psychology can take advantage of the many benefits of belonging by subscribing to the Society. If you haven't already, create a free web account and apply online. Alternatively, you can simply complete and return an application form.
- Careers in psychology
- Accredited courses & training programmes
- Learning Centre and CPD
- Society qualifications
- Psychological testing
- About the Research Interests Database
- Postgraduate research degrees