06-07 June 2018, Birmingham City University
The Division of Academics, Researchers and Teachers in Psychology are proud to present their Inaugural Conference.
This 2 day event will comprise of a starting out in teaching psychology workshop followed by a day of symposia, oral presentations, teaching showcases, quick fire presentations and poster presentations all set in the state of the art Curzon Building at Birmingham City University.
Day 1 - Workshops
Topics will include:
- Work-life balance and juggling an academic workload
- Large and small group teaching: techniques to engage students in learning
- Assessment and feedback: effectiveness and efficiency
- Teaching research methods and statistics: making it relevant, accessible and fun
- Developing teaching excellence for your own career development
- A vision for the future of psychology education
Day 2 - Conference
Benefits of participating:
- Introduction to the wide range of skills needed to teach within Higher Education
- Gain an insight into the broader context of education within HE
- Networking with other early career academics who teach, and with more experienced educators
We would like to extend our thanks to Birmingham City University for hosting this event.