Developing and evaluating Internet-delivered behaviour change interventions using the LifeGuide
LifeGuide is open-access software that allows researchers with no experience of website programming to easily and flexibly create, modify, deploy and evaluate Internet-delivered behaviour change interventions.
09:30 Registration/Tea and Coffee
10:00 Workshop starts (there will be a 30min break for lunch)
12:30-13:00 Lunch (provided)
16:30 Workshop ends
This workshop will introduce the LifeGuide software, present examples of the diverse range of features and components of Internet-delivered interventions that can be created using the LifeGuide, and explain how the LifeGuide can be used to evaluate interventions.Interactive demonstrations of LifeGuide in action will be provided and will use case studies from recent LifeGuide interventions to describe the process of designing and trialling Internet-delivered interventions from the researcher’s perspective.
The workshop will:
1. Consider the nature and role of digital interventions in health psychology
2. Introduce delegates to LifeGuide and demonstrate some of its capabilities.
3. Discuss and demonstrate the process of developing, deploying and evaluating interventions using LifeGuide by means of live demonstrations and case studies of several interventions developed using LifeGuide over the last few years.
This event is suitable for Health Psychologists (including students/trainees) interested in developing Internet-delivered interventions or studies. The workshop will be particularly suitable for those considering using the free, open-access LifeGuide software for their project.
This is an introductory level workshop requires no prerequisite knowledge or experience.
Learning outcomes and objectives
The workshop will provide the opportunity for attendees to
- Gain insight into what LifeGuide can offer to psychologists who wish to develop and evaluate Internet-delivered interventions
- Obtain an in depth understanding of what can realistically be achieved with LifeGuide and what support is available to users
- Meet members of the LifeGuide team and other psychologists who are developing Internet-delivered interventions in order to share valuable tips and experiences.
Facilitators: Dr Laura Dennison MBPsS and Dr Leanne Morrison MBPsS
Laura and Leanne are post-doctoral Research Fellows in Psychology from the University of Southampton.
Leanne’s research to date has centred around the use of the Internet to deliver interventions to support health-related behaviour change and, in particular, how we can design such interventions so that they promote optimal user engagement. Laura’s work has concentrated on exploring factors and processes involved in adjustment to chronic illness and developing and evaluating interventions to assist with adjustment. Laura and Leanne are currently members of the LifeGuide team which is led by Prof Lucy Yardley in conjunction with social and computer scientists.This team has been awarded several large grants to develop and evaluate internet-delivered health interventions.
- Concessions: £60 (£50 + VAT)
- DHP members: £84 (£70 + VAT)
- Society members: £102 (£85 + VAT)
- Society non-members: £132 (£110 + VAT)
Persons eligible for concessionary rates are student members of the Society, graduate members registered under Rule 15.ii (studying in the UK and not subject to income tax), Rule 21 (retired) members, and members who are unemployed. For evidence of unemployment, we will require a copy of your job seekers allowance book.
How to book:
To pay by cheque or request an invoice complete and return the registration form
Please note that we are only able to accept invoice requests more than 6 weeks before the event date.
Online bookings will close 24 hours prior to the event. Call: +44(0)116 252 9512 for availability after this point.
Tel. +44(0)116 252 9925