- Psychology & the public
- What we do
- Member networks
- Careers, education & training
Criminal Law and Procedures (Bond Solon)
This course has been approved by the BPS Learning Centre for the purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
During this two day course, you will examine the relevant law, evidence and procedures that are essential for any expert acting in criminal proceedings. Delegates will consider their duties and responsibilities to the court in relation to Part 33 of the Criminal Procedure Rules 2005.
You will also learn about disclosure, the importance of continuity of evidence and how to maintain professional objectivity and impartiality.
Key Learning Points
- Criminal law/Overview of a criminal prosecution
- The Criminal Procedure Rules, legislation and codes of practice
- The relevance of the Human Rights Act 1998
- Recognising different types of evidence, including oral, documentary and real evidence and issues relating to the admissibility of hearsay and evidence of bad character
- Distinguishing between facts, inferences and opinion
- Best practise standards in recordkeeping and note taking
- The role of the expert witness and the duties owed by an expert to the court
Course Cost: £550 + VAT
BPS members receive a 10% discount on this course. To obtain this discount call Bond Solon on +44(0)207 253 7053 and quote the following code when booking BPSBS2011.
Limited to 30 delegates.
Tel: +44(0)207 253 7053