- Psychology & the public
- What we do
- Member networks
- Careers, education & training
Creativity and Innovation: The Route to Change in the Work Place
This workshop provides a basis for understanding how creativity and innovation underpin the achievement of both strategic objectives and day to day targets in organisations, and how creativity and innovation can be practically applied at work. It does this by exploring creativity and innovation from the perspectives of neurology, psychology, specifically motivation theories, social identity and the reality of organisational practices and experiences, and then how to tackle the challenge of implementation when creativity and innovation are both welcomed and resisted. In this context, managing risk and blockers to change area also explored.
09:30 Registration/Tea and Coffee
10:00 Workshop starts (there will be a break for lunch)
16:30 Workshop ends
Any practitioner who is interested in creativity, innovation and risk, and who wants to improve their personal and organisational skills in these. No previous knowledge or experience is required.
Learning outcomes and objectives
- Understanding the impact of individual motivation, behaviour and experience on creativity and innovation and how change towards greater creativity and innovation can be encouraged in individuals.
- Understanding the impact of social identity on behaviour and experience on creativity and innovation and how change towards greater creativity and innovation can be encouraged in teams and groups.
- Understanding the impact of organisational culture and practices on behaviour and experience of creativity and innovation and how change towards greater creativity and innovation can be encouraged in organisations.
- An appreciation of the barriers to implementing creative and innovative ideas, practices and processes, specifically blockers to change and risk management.
- Each participant to have identified and committed to making at least one practical change to improve creativity, innovation and risk management processes in their working environment.
Facilitator: Linda Henderson-Stainton
Linda developed her expertise and interest in professional, management and leadership behaviour during appointments such as Global HR Director, Supply Chain at BAE Systems and Director of Employee Development at the retailer, Kingfisher plc. She also has extensive line management experience, having led teams in Customer Service, Production, Marketing and Sales.
As Director of the March Group, Linda’s assignments have included Leadership Development Programmes for an aerospace company and the British Council in Sub-Saharan Africa, and advising several arts organisations as they adapt to strategic and operational change. Other assignments have been with the public sector, local authorities, property consultancy, gas and oil exploration, software services, retail banking, a leading theatre company and the charitable sector.
She is a Fellow of Exeter University’s Centre for Leadership Studies, where she teaches on Leadership and Change. From 2003 – 2009 she was a member of the University College London Research Ethics Committee.
Non-Society Member: £240 (£200 + VAT)
Society Member: £156 (130 + VAT)
DOP Member: £114 (95 + VAT)
Concessions: £72 (60 + VAT)
From 14 January 2013:
Non-Society Member: £252 (£210 + VAT)
Society Member: £168 (£140 + VAT)
DOP Member: £117 (£97.50 + VAT)
Concessions: £74 (£61.67 + VAT)
Persons eligible for concessionary rates are student members of the Society, graduate members registered under Rule 15.ii (studying in the UK and not subject to income tax), Rule 21 (retired) members, and members who are unemployed. For evidence of unemployment, we will require a copy of your job seekers allowance book.
How to book:
Please note: online bookings will close 24 hours prior to the event. Please call +44 (0)116 2529512 for availability after this point.
To pay by cheque or request an invoice complete and return the registration form.
Please note that we are only able to accept invoice requests at least 6 weeks before the event date.
Tel: +44 (0)116 252 9925
Fax: +44 (0)116 227 1314