- Psychology & the public
- What we do
- Member networks
- Careers, education & training
Creating Psychologically Healthy Workplaces
The workshop will help occupational psychology practitioners to gain a better understanding of common mental health problems and their impact on the workplace. It will look at the relationship between mental health and stress as well as the impact that mental health has on engagement and motivation within the workplace. Participants will explore the organisational factors that that they can influence in order to create a psychologically healthy workplace.
09:30 Registration/tea and coffee
10:00 Workshop starts (there will be a break for lunch)
16:00 Workshop ends
This workshop will be of interest to any occupational psychologist/trainee interested in working in the areas of: engagement, motivation and mental health, in the workplace. The workshop may also be suitable for clinical and counselling psychologists, who wish to gain a greater appreciation of mental health in the context of the workplace.
Learning outcomes and objectives
- Be made aware of a business case for actively managing mental health in the workplace
- Gain an understanding of the dual relationship between mental health and the workplace
- Understand the relationship between mental health and engagement.
- Learn about the factors that organisations should address, in order to effectively manage mental health in the workplace
- Learn about a model for managing mental health in the workplace
Facilitator: Sharon De Mascia CPsychol CSci AFBPsS
Sharon De Mascia is the Director of ‘Cognoscenti’. She has over 25 years experience of delivering organisational initiatives across both public and private sectors. In the past she has worked with: the NHS, The Employment Service, The Highways Agency, The Co operative Insurance Society and the Vita Group. Sharon also acts as programme manager for the Centre for Mental Health, Workplace Training Programme and is a supervisor for the global MBA at Manchester Business School.
Sharon a guest lecturer at Liverpool John Moores University and Manchester Metropolitan University. She is an assessor for the British Psychological Society and the Health Professions Council and an examiner for the International Baccalaureate in Psychology. Sharon is the author of Project Psychology: Using Psychological Models and Techniques to Create a Successful Project (Gower 2012).
- Non-Society Member: £240 (£200 + VAT)
- Society Member: £156 (£130 + VAT)
- DOP Member: £114 (£95 + VAT)
- Concession: £72 (£60 + VAT)
From 14 January 2013
- Non-Society Member: £252 (£210 + VAT)
- Society Member: £168 (£140 + VAT)
- DOP Member: £117 (£97.50 + VAT)
- Concession: £74 (£61.67 + VAT)
Persons eligible for concessionary rates are student members of the Society, graduate members registered under Rule 15.ii (studying in the UK and not subject to income tax), Rule 21 (retired) members, and members who are unemployed. For evidence of unemployment, we will require a copy of your job seekers allowance book.
How to book:
Please note: online bookings will close 24 hours prior to the event. Please call +44 (0)116 2529512 for availability after this point.
To pay by cheque or request an invoice complete and return the registration form.
Please note that we are only able to accept invoice requests at least 6 weeks before the event date.
Tel: +44 (0)116 252 9925
Fax: +44 (0)116 227 1314