The main theme for the conference is Variations in the Sense of Self: Emergence and Transcendence
Questions to be addressed could include:
• What role might a sense of self play in the development of agency or personhood?
• When might a sense of self be useful and when might it constrain?
• Is there a conflict between the Western ideal of a strong sense of self (and of its value and relevance in clinical practice), and the Buddhist aim to achieve selfless awareness?
• How might our sense of self persist over time, and might it relate to our notion of personal identity?
• What are the implications of the emergence and transcendence of the self for our understanding of consciousness and of ourselves as subjects of experience?
Sidney Sussex College
Wed, 09/09/2015 (All day) to Fri, 11/09/2015 (All day)
Email Bryony Pierce
Consciousness and Experiential Psychology Section
- Psychology & the public
- What we do
- Careers, education & training
- Member Networks
You are here
Home » Events » Conferences » Consciousness and Experiential Psychology Section 2015 Annual Conference