This conference will explore the impact of complex trauma upon the patients and staff. The patients cared for within this specialised pathway have often experienced complex trauma as in childhood and as patients. Staff providing the care will at times be exposed to traumatic incidents and aggression. The conference with provide an outline of the diagnosis of complex trauma and a range of presentations and discussions will engage the delegates in debate about best to support and manage complex trauma for both patients and staff.
Conference opening speech: Dr Alice Parshall, Chief Medical Officer at St Andrews Healthcare
Chair of the conference: Professor Mary McMurran
Keynote speaker: Professor Thanos Karatzias
Speakers: Dr Deborah Morris, Dr Annette Greenwood and Helen Turner
Submissions are invited for posters that reflect the theme of the conference of complex trauma in a secure setting. There will be a prize for the best poster as judged by the delegates on the day of the conference. The winner will receive a paid entry to a day of their choosing at the BPS Annual Conference from 2nd-4th May 2018 at the East Midlands Conference Centre, Nottingham.
- Posters must be in line with the theme of the conference but can reflect clinical practice, literature or research or other related area.
- Posters must be printed and/or laminated on A3 size card. The contact details of the person submitting the poster must be given either on the poster itself, or on the reverse.
- Posters must be sent directly to St Andrews Healthcare marked for the attention of Dr A Greenwood at Billing Road, Northampton, NN1 5DG.
- All submissions must adhere to the BPS Code of Human Research Ethics (2014), any submission not adhering to these standards will not be included
- All submissions must be received by Friday 12th January 2018.
- All posters will be displayed at the conference venue. The winner will be notified in writing.
- Expenses, travel and overnight accommodation are not included in the prize.
Please note, this event is credit/debit card payment only at the time of booking. If your organisation needs an invoice , please submit your booking form complete with invoice instructions and purchase order number (if required).
Registration fees can be found on the event booking page. If you have any queries please contact us via the event hotline on 01332 224506.
St Andrews Healthcare,
This event is organised by the British Psychological Society and administered by KC Jones conference&events Ltd.
Tel: +44 (0)1332 224506
Email: [email protected]