- Psychology & the public
- What we do
- Member networks
- Careers, education & training
Civil Law and Procedures (Bond Solon)
This course has been approved by the BPS Learning Centre for the purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
This two-day course is designed to equip delegates with the necessary knowledge and skills to carry out their roles and responsibilities as an expert witness with confidence. The course will assist to gain an understanding of the main areas of law underpinning civil litigation.
During day one delegates will gain an understanding of liability and quantum/damages in civil cases. Case studies will be used to illustrate the points.
Day two will see delegates consider the regulations, legislation, guidance and judicial comment concerning the roles and responsibilities of the expert witness.
Key Learning Points
- The court structure and other means of dispute resolution
- Contract law
- Tort law
- Relationship between the expert and solicitor
- Differentiating between advisor, expert or advocate
- The Civil Procedure Rules, Practice Directions and the Civil Justice Council Protocol
- The role of the expert-privilege and expert discussions
- Negotiations and settlement offers
Cost: £550 + VAT
BPS members receive a 10% discount on this course. To obtain this discount call Bond Solon on +44(0)207 549 2549 and quote the following code when booking BPSBS2011.
Limited to 30 delegates.
Tel: +44(0)207 549 2549