- Psychology & the public
- What we do
- Member networks
- Careers, education & training
Qualification in Sport and Exercise Psychology (Stage 2) (QSEP (Stage 2)) - Information for prospective candidates
Am I eligible?
Candidates applying to enrol on the QSEP Stage 2 must hold the following:
- Graduate Membership of the Society with the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC).
- Either a Society-accredited MSc in Sport and Exercise Psychology or have completed the Qualification in Sport and Exercise Psychology (Stage 1) Examinations
How do I apply?
We would strongly recommend reading the following documents before applying:
- Regulations for the Society's Postgraduate Qualifications
- QSEP (Stage 2) Candidate Handbook
- Supervisors' Handbook
- Study Guide for Independent Candidates
Candidates must have a Co-ordinating Supervisor for the whole period of their enrolment on the QSEP (Stage 2). Co-ordinating Supervisors must be Chartered Psychologists with Full Membership of the DSEP and registered with the Health and Care Professions Council as a Practitioner Psychologist. They also must have at least two years experience as a Chartered Psychologist, have undergone the Qualification’s Approved Supervisor Training and also be on the Society’s Register of Applied Psychology Practice Supervisors (RAPPS).
If you wish to apply for AEC please refer to the Candidate Handbook and complete the AEC application form below. If you have any queries regarding an AEC application please contact the Qualifications Officer.
How do I enrol?
Please enrol using the documentation below:
- QSEP (Stage 2) Enrolment form and QSEP (Stage 2) Guidance Notes on its completion
- QSEP (Stage 2) Plan of Training
- QSEP (Stage 2) Co-ordinating Supervisor Contract. (Please note that this is a sample contract only. Your potential Co-ordinating Supervisor may have their own form of contract.)
- Health reference form
- Qualifications equal opportunities form
- AEC application form
- Reference request form
- Direct debit mandate
In addition to the above you will also need to provide the following with your application to enrol:
- Proof of Stage 1 (i.e. your MSc) (either the original or an authenticated copy. By authenticated copy we mean a copy that has been stamped and signed by the issuing University or a Solicitor etc).
- Copy of the Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure (or Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) from Disclosure Scotland or an Access Northern Ireland Enhanced Disclosure). If you do not currently hold an Enhanced CRB Disclosure then please contact our Membership Team on 0116 252 9911 who will be able to assist you.
Please ensure that you send all the relevant information to ensure that your application to enrol is completed as quickly as possible.
Once your application has been approved the Registrar/Chief Supervisor will write to you formally.
What does taking the QSEP Stage 2 involve?
The total period of training, including time spent on the MSc and supervised practice must be a minimum of three years full time or the part time equivalent. This applies to both full-time and part-time MSc courses. All candidates will be required to complete a minimum of two years full-time (or the part-time equivalent) of supervised practice under an Approved Supervisor.
How much does this cost?
There may be additional fees for QSEP (Stage 2) that you may incur during your training and these should be considered whilst you are planning your training.
Fees and funding
- Careers in psychology
- Accredited courses & training programmes
- Professional Development Centre
- Society qualifications
- Clinical psychology
- Clinical neuropsychology
- Counselling psychology
- Educational psychology (Scotland)
- Forensic psychology
- Health psychology
- Occupational psychology (for those based in the UK)
- Sport & Exercise psychology
- International Qualification in Occupational Psychology (IQOP (Stage 2))
- Non-UK applicants
- Qualifications team:contact us
- Psychological testing
- About the Research Interests Database
- Postgraduate research degrees