- Psychology & the public
- What we do
- Member networks
- Careers, education & training
Qualification in Forensic Psychology (QFP) Stage 2 information for prospective candidates
This section contains useful information for candidates considering undertaking the QFP (Stage 2).
Am I eligible?
Candidates applying to enrol on the QFP (Stage 2) must hold the following:
- Graduate membership of the Society with the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC).
- Hold a Society accredited MSc which fulfils stage one of the requirements towards Chartered membership of the Society and full membership of the Division of Forensic Psychology.
Preparing to enrol
We would strongly recommend reading the following documents before applying:
- Regulations for the Society’s Postgraduate Qualifications
- QFP (Stage 2) Candidate Handbook
- Additions to the Candidate Handbook - word limits, CR2, paper submissions
- Co-ordinating Supervisors’ Handbook
- Study Guide for Independent Candidates
Candidates must have a Co-ordinating Supervisor (CS) for the whole period of their enrolment on the QFP (Stage 2). CSs must be Chartered Psychologists with full membership of the Division of Forensic Psychology and registered with the HCPC as a Forensic Psychologist. They must also have at least two years’ experience as a Chartered Psychologist and be entered onto the Society’s Register of Applied Psychology Practice Supervisors (RAPPS).
A candidate may enrol on the QFP (Stage 2) having already produced evidence of some of the competences required. In such a case the candidate may be exempt from demonstrating those particular competences again. If you wish to apply for Accreditation of Existing Competence (AEC) please refer to the Regulations and the Candidate Handbook before completing the application form contained in the next section. If you have queries regarding an AEC application then please contact the Qualifications Officer.
How do I apply to enrol?
Please enrol using the documentation below:
- Enrolment form (Section A, Section B and Section C)
- Induction checklist
- Reference request form
- Direct Debit mandate
- Health reference
- Supervision contract (please note this is a sample contract only. Your potential CS may have their own form or contract)
- Equal opportunities form
- AEC application form
In addition to the above documentation you will also need to provide the following with your application to enrol:
- Proof of your Stage 1 qualification (ie your MSc certificate). You can send either the original or an authenticated copy (by authenticated copy we mean a copy which has been stamped and signed by the issuing University or a Solicitor for example). Unauthenticated photocopies of certificates will not be accepted.
- Copy of the Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service documentation (or Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) from Disclosure Scotland or an Access Northern Ireland Enhanced Disclosure). An enrolment application cannot be processed without this documentation so if you do not currently hold an enhanced Disclosure then please contact our Membership Team on 0116 252 9911 for further assistance.
- Details regarding how you plan to pay the Qualification Fee.
Please send your whole application using a signed for service. The Society is not responsible for any lost applications which were not sent using a traceable service.
Once your application has been approved the Registrar/Chief Supervisor will write to you formally. This letter will be sent to you along with your DBS documentation and original MSc certificate using a signed for service.
How much does this cost?
The Society currently operates a single fee system for its qualifications. The fee can be paid in full upon enrolment (via card or BACS) or by monthly interest free direct debit split over 2, 3 or 4 years. Please see the fee sheet for the total fee payable for the QFP (Stage 2) and for examples of the monthly instalments. These are the only methods of payment at present.
Professional and Career Development Loan
If you wish to apply for a Professional and Career Development Loan to fund your training please contact the Qualifications Team.
What documentation do I need to complete once I am enrolled?
All of the documentation you will need during your enrolment can be accessed through the Members Section of the website. Details on how to access this documentation will be included with your formal enrolment letter.
- Careers in psychology
- Accredited courses & training programmes
- Professional Development Centre
- Society qualifications
- Clinical psychology
- Clinical neuropsychology
- Counselling psychology
- Educational psychology (Scotland)
- Forensic psychology
- Health psychology
- Occupational psychology (for those based in the UK)
- Sport & Exercise psychology
- International Qualification in Occupational Psychology (IQOP (Stage 2))
- Non-UK applicants
- Qualifications team:contact us
- Psychological testing
- About the Research Interests Database
- Postgraduate research degrees