- Psychology & the public
- What we do
- Member networks
- Careers, education & training
The Society offers the Qualification in Clinical Neuropsychology (QiCN) which confers eligibility for entry onto the Society's Specialist Register of Clinical Neuropsychologists.
If you want to work as a Clinical Neuropsychologist this qualification establishes a standard of practice that will help you demonstrate essential skills and underpin knowledge required of a professional in this field. The QiCN confers eligibility to be entered onto the Society's Specialist Register of Clinical Neuropsychologists and is managed by the Clinical Neuropsychology Qualifications Board.
Enrolment and assessment documents
Below is a booklet with contains the forms that you need to complete at enrolment, along with sample log sheets for your clinical portfolio which you will need when preparing your clinical portfolio for assessment. When applying to enrol, you must ensure that you include all the necessary forms and documentation as detailed in the Candidate Handbook, available to download below.
The following documents will help with your application:
- Candidate handbook
- Supervisor handbook
- Regulations for the Society's Postgraduate Qualifications (April 2015)
- Study Guide for Independent Candidates
- Sample supervision contract
- Schedule of fees 2015
- Assessment timetable 2015
Fees for the QiCN are reviewed annually and any changes are usually implemented on 1 January each year.
Assessment for the QiCN currently takes place twice per year for the practice dimension, in the Spring and Autumn. Assessment of the research dimension (for those who are not exempt) and knowledge dimension take place once per year. You must ensure that you pay close attention to the assessment dates as late registrations or submissions cannot be accepted.
Applicants with a non-UK qualification in clincial or educational psychology
Applicants who completed their clinical or educational psychology training outside of the UK may need to complete the following mapping document. Please see section 3.1.1 of the Candidate Handbook for further details.
- Clinical psychology mapping document for international applicants
- Educational psychology mapping document for international applicants
If you need any further help or guidance contact the qualifications team
- Careers in psychology
- Accredited courses & training programmes
- Professional Development Centre
- Society qualifications
- Clinical psychology
- Clinical neuropsychology
- Counselling psychology
- Educational psychology (Scotland)
- Forensic psychology
- Health psychology
- Occupational psychology (for those based in the UK)
- Sport & Exercise psychology
- International Qualification in Occupational Psychology (IQOP (Stage 2))
- Non-UK applicants
- Qualifications team:contact us
- Psychological testing
- About the Research Interests Database
- Postgraduate research degrees