- Psychology & the public
- What we do
- Member networks
- Careers, education & training
Benefits of CPD
For the individual psychologist CPD can provide benefits at several different levels including:
- Helping to ensure that psychologists are offering the most effective service they can to their clients.
- Improving long-term career prospects and enhancing professional standing.
- Providing documented evidence of an individual psychologist's commitment to their chosen profession and of their continued competence.
- Providing a reference document for use both in updating a CV and in recalling details of topics studied as well as for appraisals and interviews.
- Anticipating change and not being driven by it.
- Ensuring best practice in the current litigious climate.
The benefits also extend to the employer/organisation, helping them to ensure professionals are capable, competent and well trained in order to effectively contribute to organisational goals and service provision.
- Careers information portal
- Accredited courses & training programmes
- Society qualifications
- Learning Centre and CPD
- Psychological testing